Enjoy this Green Smoothie Bowl. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. They call it breakfast because you’re breaking the fast of the night. If I start my day off with food that is made with love my whole day is set up to win. I’ve been loving this green smoothie bowl recipe. This way you get all of the nutrients and greens you need in a way that tastes delicious. The recipe was found via Minimalist Baker.
- 1/4 ripe avocado
- 2 medium ripe bananas, previously sliced and frozen
- 1 cup fresh or frozen mixed berries (organic when possible) – use strawberries/raspberries for a greener smoothie, darker berries for a purple smoothie
- 2 large handfuls spinach (organic when possible)
- 1 small handful kale (organic when possible), large stems removed
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (will depend on if your berries are frozen)
- 1 Tbsp flax seed meal
- Optional: 2 Tbsp salted creamy almond, cashew, or peanut butter
- Granola (I prefer gluten free)
- Raw nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts, etc.)
- Shredded unsweetened coconut
- Fresh berries
- Hemp seeds
Set yourself up to win for the day with love! The more effort I put into my food the better I digest it. Smoothie bowls are a quick and easy way to get all the vitamins and nutrients your body needs. Play around with the recipe and make it your art. Enjoy!